DIY stationery: mine

On- Wednesday, March 3

So I thought I'd start this month by sharing my own wedding invitation. I can't tell you how difficult it was to make a decision on this, so many possibilities especially as a wedding invitation designer! Our wedding is loosely themed around vintage travel photography to reflect our love of photos the fact we spent many years traveling the world together. I chose three simple square inserts, a formal invite, a map and a 'to do on the day list' in pale aqua and purple. They are held together in a petal envelope printed with a vintage map design. (I chose this because of the way the folds of the petal envelope remind me of a camera shutter) The invitation is finished off with little paper travel tags addressed to each guest and tied up with string.


Head over to Style Collective for our latest DIY tutorial for how to make your own petal envelopes.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 Comentarios

  1. They are even prettier than the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful invititation! And what a cool envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your pain!!! I designed about 12 invites before I settled on my design, and I still look at them and wonder what I could have/would have done next... :o)

    they are gorgeous tho, the colours are very delicate, and tags and string are so 'now' and I love that look! nice work ;o)

    ~ Samone

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I really love it! Perfectly in theme and original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, they went down really well with the guests. Just finishing off some matching decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for a way to incorporate a map and this is an excellent idea! Where did you get the map for printing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a file I own but check out this post
    http://blog.idoityourself.com.au/2011/01/free-map-downloads.html
    there are some good links to free world map downloads

    There is also a lovely seating plan DIY project using one of these maps http://blog.idoityourself.com.au/2011/01/mapping-it-out.html

    ReplyDelete